Steps you can take now to make tax filing easier in 2024:
Create and use an online account to securely access the latest information available about your federal tax account and see information from your most recently filed tax return on IRS.gov/account
You can also:
- View key data from your most recent tax return and access additional records and transcripts
- View details of your payment plan if you have one
- View 5 years of payment history and any pending or scheduled payments
Include in your tax records:
- Forms W-2 from employers
- Forms 1099 from banks and ALL other payers
- Any other income documents and records of virtual currency transactions.
Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement, to reconcile advance payments or claims Premium Tax Credits for 2023 Marketplace coverage.
- CP01A Notice with your new Identity Protection PIN (if you have one)